History of Kohkin Chemical 1945〜
On November 12, 1952, Kohkin Chemical Laboratories Co., Ltd. was established, and the founder Sotogoro Tamaru assumed the position of first president.
First product: "Kohkin-so"
The first product that the company manufactured/sold after its establishment was the antibiotic feed additive "Kohkin-so," a compound formulation of penicillin and bacitracin.
Hiraoka Plant completed
In January 1959, the head office was moved from Doshomachi to Hiranomachi. In May of the same year, the company newly opened the Hiraoka Plant/Test Laboratory in Ishikiri, Hiraoka-shi, Osaka (currently Nakaishikiri-cho, Higashiosaka-shi).
Philips Duphar granted the company sole distributorship for their feed additives
The company signed an agreement on the sole distributorship in Japan with Philips Duphar in the Netherlands for their feed grade vitamins.
Application development of synthetic vitamin AD preparations to formula feed
Kohkin's researchers published an article titled "Physical and Chemical Study on Commercial Feed-grade Vitamin A Preparations in Japan" 'Biological comparison between synthetic vitamin A and feed-grade natural vitamin A preparations" in the May issue of "Feed Industry" in April 1963. This article caused a stir in the industry at that time, and served as a foundation for the use of synthetic vitamin A in formula feed.
Kohkin Chemical was the first to use the name "PREMIX" in the feed industry.
- 1 ／ 7